WORK WITH US Community Development - (Stage 2) an exciting project in Western Sydney!
Do you know someone who would be great for this role?
We are looking for a Community Development worker whose passionate about community engagement to undertake a key role in our Western Sydney initiative:
‘The 10K Project: A Community Well-being Approach to Ageing Well’.
You will have primary responsibility in the co-ordinating and implementing of a range of community/social initiatives that intersect with the residential aged care facility, residents and their families and staff and the surrounding community.
You are a do-er.
You are a people person.
You like working with other like minded community development workers.
Your ultimate role is to change culture and to help other people take action
For more information: Check out the job ad here.
1. Send us a 3 minute video introducing yourself and why you want the job! Include why you want to work with The GroundSwell Project.
2. Address and demonstrate how you meet the listed essential criteria. Applications will not proceed to interview without this.
3. Your Resume. 2 page summary of your work history in the past 10 years. (Feel free to include any travel/study or other major life events)
- Demonstrated experience in a grassroots community development role
- Demonstrated commitment to helping create a stronger and more connected community
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and implementation
- An ability to work inter-agency and intergenerationally
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the social issues associated with ageing
- An understanding of key issues facing elderly Australians and aged care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of community and social issues
- Good digital literacy, including an ability to use online applications such as Google Calendar, and Google drive.
- Own vehicle and unrestricted licence
- Please attach no more than 2 page summary of the last 10 years of your work history. (Feel free to include any relevant travel/study or other major life events)
Email your video and letter to:
Attn: Jessie Williams
Deadline: COB Thursday 13th September 2018. We are interview from Monday 17th September