Do you know someone who would be great for this role?
We are looking for a Community Development worker with experience in aged care to undertake a key role in our new Western Sydney initiative:
‘The 10K Project: A Community Well-being Approach to Ageing Well’.
This person will have primary responsibility in the planning, developing, co-ordinating and implementation of a range of community/social initiatives that intersect with the residential aged care facility, residents and their families and staff. They will be supported and have oversight from our Senior Research Assistant based at Western Sydney Uni.
We are seeking someone with a high level of ingenuity, responsibility and self-drive who loves independent work within a supportive and collegial team. The role will be located within a residential care facility so you must be able to build rapport easily and adapt to a new environment.
For more information: Check out the job ad here.
Email us a letter containing:
1. Why do you want to work with The GroundSwell Project? (Be pointy! - 50w max)
2. Please tell us what others would say about you or describe direct experience gained with reference to the following role requirements:
- Demonstrated abilities in advocacy and networking skills
- Understanding of distinction between person-centred care and community or network focussed care.
- understanding of death literacy
- understanding of building social capacity
- understanding of key issues facing elderly Australians and aged care
Please attach no more than 2 page summary of the last 10 years of your work history. (Feel free to include any relevant travel/study or other major life events)
Email your letter to:
Attn: Holly Smith
email@example.com (Please note this is a new email! previous email was incorrect!) using the subject line:
Community Development – Aged Care application
Deadline: COB Friday 22nd September 2017.