It’s time to think about, talk about, and plan your end-of-life.
While it may seem scary to think about your own mortality, becoming death literate and building your capacity for end-of-life planning can help create healthier community attitudes about death.
The 10 Things Workshops will teach you what you don’t know about death; allowing you to set aside your fears of having ‘the conversation’ and walk away knowing how to plan your end of life the way you want to.
At the Groundswell Project’s 10 Things Workshops you will walk away with ten facts about death that will impact you and your loved ones.
A FEW TEASERS.
Okay so we’re not going to give away all the details now, but did you know:
1. Doctors die differently! That’s right. There is usually less intervention and they often die at home around their loved ones. Would you do that if you knew you could? We can show you how.
2. 70% of deaths are expected from known illness and old age. So there’s rarely an excuse to not plan ahead. And that’s what our workshop is all about.
Okay so that’s enough for now, you will have to come along to the workshop to find out the other eight!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT.
We will teach you how you can take those Ten Things and apply them to your own end-of-life planning so that you're ready for when the time comes.
1. Learn in an informative, welcoming and grassroots environment with like-minded people.
2. Access the knowledge and planning skills from qualified experts.
3. Be more comfortable talking about end-of-life issues.
4. Know more about your options for when you die.
5. Understand how to plan your end of life the way you want to
6. Feel more confident talking to family about your end of life plans.
Plus, you will receive a 'Dying to know' book, workshop and planning documents, and access to online resources.
WHERE, WHEN & HOW MUCH?
We have six workshops listed below ranging from $35-$55, but if you can’t attend one listed, at the bottom of the page you can tell us where you want one and we could come to you. While we're starting off in NSW, we will be take these workshops across Australia very shortly. Let us know you're interested by entering your details below.
No workshops in your location?
While we’re starting in NSW, we will be taking 10 Things across the country. So tell us what state or suburb you would like to see a workshop.
Want to book for corporate or not for profit group? Or even co-host a workshop with us?
Simply add your details to the form to the right and we'll be in touch as soon as possible!
That’s okay! Why not get started with something simple then, like an Emotional Will or Death Checklist?
Simply add your name and email to the form to the right to get your Will and Checklist.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to learn about death. After all, it won’t kill you!
The 10 Things Workshop is being delivered in partnership with The Vasudhara Foundation, which supports early-stage, innovative and creative social impact projects. The Foundation has a broad range of interests including the dying well space and projects that promote death literacy in Australia.